Tim Runyan of the National Maritime Alliance is asking folks in the lighthouse community to support legislation that will restore funding originally allocated to the maritime heritage community. This includes historic naval ships, maritime museums, tall ships for sail training, lighthouses, maritime historical societies, education, and preservation organizations.
He has drafted a Letter in support of the Storis Act that you can use as a template for your communication. He especially needs folks from the following districts to show their support:
- Sen. Carl Levin, D-MI, chair, Senate Armed Services Committee
- Sen. Angus King, D-ME, member of Senate Armed Services Committee
- Sen. Cory Booker, D-NJ, member of Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation
- Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, member of Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation
- Sen. Jack Reed, D-RI, #2 on Senate Armed Services Committee
Letters can be submitted via the Senator’s Contact tab on their web page. After saving the letter, copy/paste it into your message to the senator. If there is a drop down tab to indicate what it concerns–put Defense or Armed Services. Please copy your letter to Tim Runyan at <firstname.lastname@example.org>